- Non-GMO Project
- Fair Trade
- Food Safety Audit
- Upgrade labels / cartons
- Social Media
- Marketing materials / support
- Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs)
- Logistics: delivery van, reefer truck
- Equipment: facilities, etc
- Food Safety / GAP improvements
- Education for farmers or supervisors
1st Place Prize: $10,000
2nd Place Prize: $5,000
3rd Place Prize: $3,000
4th and 5th Place Prize: $1,000
1 Grant Amount Awarded: $20,000
2 Grant Amounts Awarded: $10,000
3 Grant Amounts Awarded: $5,000
- An applicant must be a local produce farmer or aggregator actively operating in the United States or Canada in the current year 2017. See Eligibility for more information.
- Winners must use the grant money for the purpose specified in their application.
- Winners must share project results with PRO*ACT & Greener Fields Together.
- Winners agree to co-market using social and existing marketing channels.
- PRO*ACT and Greener Fields Together have the right to use the winners’ name, image, etc. for promotional purposes.
- No specific grant amount is guaranteed.
- A form 1099-MISC will be issued to the IRS for each winner as the grant is taxable income.
- PRO*ACT and Greener Fields Together reserve the right to decline any grant application.